Kent County Population Health Consortium is a network of healthcare systems, payers, and community services committed to addressing Community Health Priorities and improving the health of all Kent County residents.
healthcare systems, payers, and the community.
regional health assessment and planning initiatives.
as a community convener for future funding opportunities.
policy development and advocacy related to health.
health equity considerations in decision-making, planning, and implementation.
for improved health financing models.
A COMMUNITY-BASED APPROACH
We believe that a community-based approach to prevention and overcoming disparity can signficantly reduce costs and improve outcomes.
In Kent County, health improvement efforts suffer from inefficiencies, lack of alignment, and missed opportunities. As a result, we have not yet achieved the level of health and well-being deserved by all who live, work, learn, and play here.
- Screening for social determinants of health and connecting people to the resources for which they are eligible.
- Connecting healthcare systems, payers, and the community.
- Aligning regional initiatives including the Community Health Needs Assessment, Health Improvement Planning, and more.
- Serve as the community convening entity for funding opportunities.
- Idea incubator for "pay for success" and innovative health financing models.
- Policy development and advocacy.